Development Charge Study Stakeholder Consultation Period #1 is now open for comments / questions
Two draft sections of the Development Charge Background Study are now ready and are available for comments and questions. This includes the draft Town-wide Development Forecast and the draft Service Level History. This initial consultation period will be open until October 9, 2020.
The public will have a second opportunity to comment on these sections when the entire draft study is released in 2021. Please refer to the presentation videos prepared by Hemson Consulting Ltd and staff report CS 33-20 for more information.
The draft Town-wide Development Forecast provides the details of the development forecast that informs the Townʼs Development Charges Background Study. The forecast method and key assumptions are discussed and the results of the forecasts are presented in the following tables:
- Table 1 Historical Population, Occupied Dwellings & Employment Summary
- Table 2 Historical Annual Housing Completions (CMHC)
- Table 3 Historical Households by Period of Construction Showing Household Size
- Table 4 Historical Place of Work Employment
- Table 5 Population, Household & Employment Forecast Summary
- Table 6 Forecast of Occupied Households by Unit Type
- Table 7 Forecast Population in New Households by Unit Type
- Table 8 Forecast of Place of Work Employment
- Table 9 Non-Residential Space Forecast
The draft Service Level History is a ten year inventory of Capital Assets for the various growth related services identified in the Development Charges Act, 1997. This historic service level is utilized in the calculation for the legislated service level cap which helps determine the maximum development charge rate the Town can charge.
Consultation has temporarily concluded. Additional feedback opportunities for this project are coming soon.